[asterisk-users] Toll-free dialing via PRI problem

McGhee, Stefano Stefano.McGhee at studentuniverse.com
Wed Jan 31 09:51:20 MST 2007

>Outgoing calls to certain toll-fee (8XX) numbers fail -- we hear
ringing but the calls are never
>answered.  All other calls, and most toll-free numbers are not
affected.  The numbers that are
>affected are all travel related companies (United Airlines, American
Airlines, US Air, Starwood
>Hotels, etc.) we cannot connect to any of these numbers.

Hey Tim,

All I can offer you is the fact that I see the exact same thing on my
setup that uses * and a TE411P.  I've also seen it when calling Lenovo
tech support and Sirius Satellite Radio.  On the latter two, it bypasses
the auto-attendant when I call and connects me straight to an
operator/technician.  When you call on regular PBX or cell phone, you
are greeted by an auto-attendant, press 1, yada-yada.

Let us know what you find out.

Cheers,
Stefano