[asterisk-users] Hi Honies! I'm home!

Brian McManus bmcmanus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 07:58:29 MST 2007

I was wondering when this would happen. A lot of successful and prospering
open source company like yours seems to do this.

Much like Google did.   Once a company has grown to a point ---- it's more
valuable to have someone focus on the business from a businessmans
perspective.... working with the monies, departments, board of directors and
strategies while letting the previous guru (Mark) focus on what you always
really have needed to, the code and the product line.

It looks like Danny has a solid background and strong roles of leadership
from adtran.  I love this decision.

Go team Digium.

Brian

On 1/30/07, Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com> wrote:

> Many of you may have seen the recent announcement about Danny Windham
> coming on as the new CEO of Digium.  This is one of the most exciting
> things to happen to Digium and to Asterisk at large.  When Danny comes on
> board, I will be transitioning to the role of Chief Technical Officer
> (retaining my position of chairman of the board of directors), providing
> strategic vision for the company as well as being able to focus more
> extensively on the community, the customers and the technology.
>
> My sincere hope is that this transition will not only directly benefit the
> Asterisk community and Digium customers, but will allow me to spend much
> more time with the community and with Asterisk, playing a more important
> technical role in our roadmap for both hardware and software.
>
> I'm looking forward to working more with the community and the developers
> to help grow the future of Asterisk even more!
>
> Mark

--Brian McManus
--(208) 329-0818