[asterisk-users] Toll-free dialing via PRI problem

www.IPKall.com Info at IPKall.com
Tue Jan 30 13:29:32 MST 2007

We have run into this problem before, especially with Airline carrier TFN's.
The deal is THEY DO NOT SEND ANSWER, we have looked at this on a ss7 level,
and most if not all major air carriers do this. I believe their try to lower
their costs.

The fix, answer the call, first thing.

IPKall
 <http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewforum-f-38.html> IPKall Forum
 <http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewforum-f-38.html>
http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewforum-f-38.html

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tim Irvin
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:00 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Toll-free dialing via PRI problem

We have a PRI from Telepacific.  Asterisk 1.2 and a Sangoma A101 T1 card.

Outgoing calls to certain toll-fee (8XX) numbers fail -- we hear ringing but
the calls are never answered.  All other calls, and most toll-free numbers
are not affected.  The numbers that are affected are all travel related
companies (United Airlines, American Airlines, US Air, Starwood Hotels,
etc.) we cannot connect to any of these numbers.

Telepacific has been very helpful, but based on their diagnostics have
determined that it's a configuration problem on the Asterisk box and not a
problem in their network.  They brought a test set to our office, connected
to the PRI and successfully dialed the numbers we cannot reach.

Based on watching the traffic go by they told us that we were sending
"Progress Indicator length = 2" and the that was incorrect, we should remove
the Progress Indicator.  I have done a bunch of Google searches and searches
through the voip-info wiki and the digium lists and am not finding anything
about removing the "Progress Indicator".  I have also asked the Sangoma Tech
Support folks and they had a couple of suggestions but nothing has worked.

I hope someone has a bit more insight -- it's rather annoying that we can't
make airline or hotel reservations from the office.

Thanks,

Tim