[asterisk-users] Semi OT - Point to Point FXO/FXS GatewayCommunication

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 00:20:07 MST 2007

>From: "C F" <shmaltz at gmail.com>
>
>Cory, it's called dialplan magic it realy depends what PBX it is, not
>all of them allow dial plan magic. But it is possible on most pbxes.

CF: What exactly is "diaplan magic"?  I googled but found little info.

The basic use case in Cory's posting does not seem to require special
programming in PBX, if my understanding is correct:

<phones 1,2,3 > --- (FXS' 1,2,3)<PBX>(FXS' 4,5,6) --- (A-FXO's
4,5,6)<Asterisk A>
                   <Asterisk B>(B-FXS' 4,5,6) --- <phones 4,5,6>

In this case, Asterisks A and B only need to agree on sending the same
signals received by A-FXO 4 (which always come from PBX-FXS 4) to B-FXS 4
(onto phone 4), and sending the same numbers received by B-FXS 4 (from phone
4) to PBX-FXO4 (via A-FXO 4) and so on.  PBX would have no knowledge that
it's not talking to a POTS phone.  Is this correct?

Yuan Liu