[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail Storage

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:30:55 MST 2007

On 1/25/07, Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 25 January 2007 4:48 pm, David Gomillion wrote:
> > Since you've done some work with Courier and Asterisk's IMAP voicemail,
> is
> > there a place you documented your findings? I'm interested in merging
> the
> > two. Is there any way to do it without having to ask all of my users for
> > their passwords?
>
> There really weren't any findings; I wrote a small patch which corrected
> how
> the IMAP connection string was built, but other than that it just worked.
>
> As far as not asking all your users for their passwords -- I'm not sure
> what
> you mean -- Asterisk needs to know the voicemail passwords, and those are
> stored in voicemail.conf.  I'm not using IMAP server passwords at all.

I mean that I would like to have a system in place so that Asterisk, as a
privileged service, can gain access to Courier's IMAP storage. Having to
keep track of all of our users' passwords in the Asterisk configuration is
going to provide a ridiculous amount of administration, as we force them to
change their passwords often in our single-sign on environment.

-A.