[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail Storage

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jan 25 15:07:34 MST 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 4:48 pm, David Gomillion wrote:
> Since you've done some work with Courier and Asterisk's IMAP voicemail, is
> there a place you documented your findings? I'm interested in merging the
> two. Is there any way to do it without having to ask all of my users for
> their passwords?

There really weren't any findings; I wrote a small patch which corrected how
the IMAP connection string was built, but other than that it just worked.

As far as not asking all your users for their passwords -- I'm not sure what
you mean -- Asterisk needs to know the voicemail passwords, and those are
stored in voicemail.conf.  I'm not using IMAP server passwords at all.

-A.