[asterisk-users] On-hold calls dropped when new call comes in

Lars George lars at worldlingo.com
Thu Jan 25 11:37:08 MST 2007

Hi,

We have a very basic setup of Asterisk 1.2 with a 4 inbound line Digium card. The phones are
Grandstream GXP-2000 with the latest stable firmware.

When we get calls and put them on hold and then get a new external call coming in, it drops the
person on hold. They just get disconnected.

What could be wrong?

Note: we have changed the phones firmware a few times but that made no difference. We are even now
connected to different external telephone lines and it stayed the same. So somehow I think it is our
Asterisk config.

Regards,
Lars