[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 & Polycom buddy status

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Tue Jan 23 20:32:48 MST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> 23 jan 2007 kl. 16.09 skrev Chris Bullock:
>
>> I'm running into an issue w/ Buddy status on Polycom IP650 phones using
>>  buddy status (with SIP Hints) on Asterisk 1.4.  Sometimes the status
>> on the phones will "stick" in the busy status.  I have noticed that I
>> can call that extension & the status will reset (sometimes).  Anyone
>> else encountered this or anything similar.
>>
> I've seen reports on it, but haven't been able to repeat this. I need to
> know a way to force this to happen, repeatably. If I can get that, I can
> propably trace it and fix it.
>
> It can also happen if you have packet loss in the network, of course.

I've seen it happen when asterisk restarts (or possibly even just reloads
SIP) without the phone being restarted - it's generally accompanied by
    -- Incoming call: Got SIP response 500 "Internal Server Error" back from
10.0.0.51
on the console. I think the status gets stuck as "available" most of the
time, but you don't notice it because that's the default.

--
James Andrewartha
Systems Administrator