[asterisk-users] Echo on IP phones...

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 19:13:28 MST 2007

We have this from time to time. It's usually someone using a cheap headset
that's turned up too high. Polycom's have some settings you can tweak to
cancel out the echo, although they're not supported. We used them for a
short while, but they seemed to interfere with the echo can on our Sangoma
card, so we had to set them back to default.

You might want to see if Aastra phones offer some type of internal echo can,
if there are cheap headsets being used (the person not hearing the echo
should turn his/her volume down), or if there's one phone in particular
causing problems (could be a bad network cable or NIC on the phone).