[asterisk-users] Problem connecting PAP2 over wifi bridge

Alfredo Manrique almanrique at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 17:00:19 MST 2007

Hi All,

I have my Asterisk box running with 6 extension all connected to CAT5
Grandstream phones. I'm trying to connect 2 extension on a different office
across the hall by WIFI bridge using SMCWEBT-G configured as Ethernet
client. If I connect the Grandstream to that box on the other office it
works fine. If I connect the PAP2-NA, both extensions register with no
problems with the Asterisk box but when I initiate a call it gets cut off
after 20 to 30 seconds into the call but do need the PAP2 on that other
office.

I recorded the traffic using tcpdump and I can see that using the PAP2 the
RTP traffic going to Asterisk has errors indicating:
Length: 4436 (bogus, should be 340)
When the full packed length is 374. SIP packets go back and forth with no
problem.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Alfredo.