[asterisk-users] weird undocumented extensions such as s-BUSY

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jan 23 01:03:06 MST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 23.01.2007, 05:41 -0200 schrieb Barzilai Spinak:
> I've seen several examples that use extensions such as;
> s-BUSY
> s-NOANSWER
>
> etc...
>
> It's more or less evident what they do, but I've searched for some
> FORMAL documentation everywhere and have found nothing.
> Do they work for anything else than "s-"? (I think I've seen other
> examples, but can't find them now)
> Are they standard in any way?
> What are the allowed values after the dash?
> In which version were they introduced?
> etc...

Those are not standardized extensions. They will be called _ONLY_ by a
Goto() command, like in

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/user1,60,tT)
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS})

so you can choose to put names as you like them before the dash, the
DIALSTATUS variable values will be explained in
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial and
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+variable
+DIALSTATUS

I personally prefer to do that with GoTos inside the extension, or using
Macros, but that is up to everyone's personal choice.

BR
Anselm