[asterisk-users] 7 points of comparison Polycom 430/501 and Aastra 480i. Which one to choose ?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:35:51 MST 2007

With over 300 Polycoms, and around 80 Aastra 480i under my belt here
is my $0.02.
1. Sound quality, Polycom wins but the Aastra has excellent sound
quality as well.
2. Complete product line, Polycom wins.
3. Cordless Aastra, although it's not the best cordless.
4. Backlit, Aastra
5. PoE, Aastra
6. Speakerphone, they both have good speaker phones. Although in
general the answer to 1 goes here as well.
7. They both have 2 network ports, but I havnt' done any tests on the
speed, I did however notice that when restarting the phone, the
Polycom will not shut the network ports down, while the Aastra will.

On another note, in general the Polycoms give me less problems. The
Aastras are not yet that stable. See my next post to the list.