[asterisk-users] 7 points of comparison Polycom 430/501 and Aastra 480i. Which one to choose ?

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Mon Jan 22 18:27:45 MST 2007

Your list seems to lean heavily to the Aastra, while I choose the Polycom
501/601 over the Aastra, I did like the unit I tested and the cordless. In
the end the fact that most of the people using the phones would use the
speaker phone, Polycom and their history of conference phones made the
choice. We rolled 75 phones at one site and another 30 now at remote
locations. As far a a receptionist phone, we choose to use a software
operator panel instead of a phone that took up most of the desk, there were
initial concerns but the results have been excellent. If you have not
already done so grab a few people from different parts of the office and
have them give their 2 cents, it will help to have their perspectives on the
quality and feel of the phones.

On 1/22/07, Vikas <topgun9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to provide a 80 people office with VOIP.
>
> I want to commit to one vendor Polycom or Aastra. Price of the phones
> is not a factor in the decision. The quality of the phones is the
> factor.
>
> Some of the features that I am evaluating on are: (arranged in order
> of priority)
> 1. Sound quality
> 2. complete product line with conference phone and receptionist phone
> (not on Aastra)
> 3. cordless (not on 501/430)
> 4. backlit LCD (not on 501/430)
> 5. Inbuilt POE (not on 501)