[asterisk-users] Dialplan - busy and unavailable without priority jumping

Russell Horn albanach at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 19:59:51 MST 2007

Hi folks,

Moving on to a new install, I'm jumping straight to v1.4

Without using Priority jumping I'm wondering what the 'standard' way
to indicate to the calling party that the number the dialed is busy or
unavailable. So,if I have an entry in extensions.conf like this:

[outbound]
exten => _01.,1,SetCallerID(01235554321)
exten => _01.,n,Dial(IAX2/user:pass at iax-provider/${EXTEN},60)

What should I be adding to this so when a number is in use the caller
gets a busy tone, and if the call fails (i.e. the number is
unavailable) the caller gets the info tone.

All the calls will be from IAX users and be carried over an IAX trunk
to the PSTN.

Thanks,

Russell.