[asterisk-users] Sip Phone CID

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Jan 18 08:21:42 MST 2007

This might sound like an odd question.... but here it is anyways...

We currently have Polycom 501 phones. We have Asterisk with
Realtime/MySQL running for our SIP/Voicemail/Extensions. When one phone
dials another, the receiving end does in fact see the callers ID. But...
our old phone system set the caller id on the senders phone to show who
they called.

Example...

If Sally calls Jim, then Sally's phone should just say "1001", it should
say "Jim <1001>".

Any know if this is possible. Our old PBX did this, and the bosses were
curious if this is possible.

Thanks,
Rob