[asterisk-users] Thoughts on CPE server...

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 07:31:19 MST 2007

Hey List -

I've been looking into the various options for small form factor customer
premise gear, and am wondering what your using and what your reccomendations
are.
I'd like to drop a unit at the customer premise to handle their internal
routing and trunk their outgoing calls back into my datacenter.  The CPE
unit would be useful if their WAN link drops as internal calls will stay up
and if they have a PSTN line the Asterisk server could failover to the FXO
trunks.

Some of the ports I think would be useful on this piece of gear...

- 1 WAN port
- 1+ LAN ports
- 1+ FXO ports (optional) - Would be nice for faxing
- 1 Console
- 1 VGA / USB / PS2

It wouldn't need to be a powerhouse as i'm only serving between 10-15 seats.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
------
Christopher T Aloi