[asterisk-users] Polycom IP601 - some hints working, not others?

Kenneth Padgett kenneth.padgett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:26:04 MST 2007

> I've just realised - the directory entries that have working Buddy watch are
> the first in sequence when the extensions are sorted into NAME order, which
> the phones do when saving their directory files.
>
> Looks like it could be a watch limit in that version of the firmware?

Could it be that it's only watching the one's it has available "lines"
to give a buddy line to? Example, I have my IP601 (6 line phone) setup
with 3 lines worth of my extension (so I can more easily handle three
calls at once). That leaves the other three for the buddies I use most
so I can direct dial and monitor them with the in-use light.

I also have the hint application in my extentions.conf dialplan, I'm
assuming you have that covered.

-Kenneth