[asterisk-users] prompt for "send a message" not played in VM main, HOWTO resolve

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 04:09:17 MST 2007

On 1/17/07, support at sjobeck.com <support at sjobeck.com> wrote:
> All,
>
>  Just came across the prompt #3 from inside the top menu of VM in latest
> stable. Allison does not announce the prompt, but if you know it is there,
> you can press 3 & successfully follow the prompts from there to send your
> message to other users on the system. But, of course, obviously, I am
> asking: how do I resolve the situation whereby the users are not hearing
> this prompt? (since most nearly all users will never know that this is here)
>
>  (I sure hope my googling didnt miss this one)
>
>  Thanks very much.
>
>  Most appreciated.
>
>  Jason Sjobeck

Jason, I dunno if I understand your question properly. Did you not
want the prompt to play or did you want the prompt to play? If it's
the latter, then AFAIK, this has to do with the setting in your
voicemail.conf file which allows users to send messages to other
users, it's sendvoicemail=yes, if you turn this on, you'll hear the
prompt. If it's set to "no" then you won't hear the prompt to allow
users to send msgs to other users. If that';s what you were asking
then your googling did miss it :P

HTH
\R