[asterisk-users] Audiocodes GPL

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 14:08:13 MST 2007

I have some Audiocodes units which appear to be running Linux,
according to the unit's own "System Log"

kern.warn Linux version 2.4.21openrg-rmk1 #2 Wed Aug 30 17:05:29 IDT 2006

However my contact at Audiocodes claims otherwise

On 12/4/06, Yaniv Nizan <Yaniv.Nizan at audiocodes.com> wrote:

> I doubt that we are running Linux on the MP-202. Perhaps there is a reference to the OS on the PC that configures the device

So a few questions:

1) Does anyone know if the older Audiocodes devices (such as the
multiport gateways) run Linux as well?

2) What does one go about doing to correct GPL violations? Perhaps
someone has a generic legal letter that can be used in these
situations?