[asterisk-users] asterisk startup is slow

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:35:42 MST 2007

Hi,
Having moved from asterisk-1.2.8 to 1.2.14, i've noticed that startup is
much slower.  In other words, if I say "asterisk -R" they type "stop now",
it takes on the order of 7 seconds instead of 1 second. The old asterisk
startup printed out something like 650 lines, whereas the new one prints out
lsomething like 720 lines.  Have other people been seeing this?  Is there
something I have done wrong?  As far as I know, both were built with make
all && make install (i.e. no compile time options being set differently).

tia
Mark