[asterisk-users] RE polycom fails registration

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Sun Jan 14 10:24:50 MST 2007

Is your Cisco device a Cisco router if so make sure you have no sip
fixup.

The Cisco may be fudging the SIP headers.

Alex

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of AL Daei
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:57 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] RE polycom fails registration

nat is equal to yes,
and server definition in ftp provisioning server is correct.
i followed packets between phone and asterisk,
it seems for some reason asterisk is not happy about challenge response
its getting from polycom.
why its not happening in the same LAN, beats me!
and also NAT device is cisco SIP aware and works flawlessly with
Linksys.
the only close definition of issue i have found is in wiki as i
mentioned.
for reminder here it is:
"If the phones fail to register with Asterisk but can still make
outbound calls, you likely need to adjust the digest realm parameter
from the default of PolycomSPIP."
i'll try to use SIP image for polycom and let you guys know.
<confused!>

Try amazing new 3D maps Check it out! <http://maps.live.com/?wip=51>