[asterisk-users] Dropped calls

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 13 10:20:44 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:23:27PM -0600, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I have an Asterisk server with 3 TDM400P cards.  9 FXO and 3 FXS ports.
> It also has 2 Astribank-8 units connected.  The customer is having calls
> dropped at random intervals but several times a day.  Could this be an issue
> with Interrupts with the 3 cards?

For starters, set asterisk to debug mode (set debug 10). You should be
able to see where this hangup came from.

>      I am also having a problem sending and receiving faxes when they are
> either connected to the Astribank or to an FXS port on the TDM card.  I know
> there are issues with Asterisk and faxes but I have never had so many problems
> in a single installation.  Some faxes go through (mostly to local numbers) but
> long distance calls always give a transmission error on the fax machine.

echo cancelling? Do you guarantee that faxes go on a channel with no
echo cancelling?

If you want to fak from the ports of the Astribank, you'll probably need
to use adj_clock . Also make sure that you set the kernel parameter
prefmaster of xpp to 0, so it won't force itself t become the zaptel
master.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org