[asterisk-users] authentication issue!

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 19:20:08 MST 2007

You may use astdb for this.

Just set an entry on AstDB with user password and then for every outgoing
call prompt an audio to introduce password and then check if it exists on
AstDB.

User may be the caller ID and the pass is introduced by DTMF.

Then you may use a GOTOIF  to allow or not Outgoing Call.

Other choice could be easier:

There are other ways with Authenticate() application

using as an argument for the Authenticate Application a variable defined on
every SIP or IAX account with setvar=mypasswd=1234 ( in sip.conf or iax.conf)
then you may put in your dialplan (extensions.conf) something like:

exten=>_XXXXX,1,Authenticate(${mypasswd}) ; where mypasswd is a variable
that exist on every sip account definition
exten=>_XXXXX,2, ....

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Database
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+authenticate

Note this are just ideas, you must test it.

You may use Show application Authenticate and Show function DB_EXISTS within
Asterisk CLI to get a deeper understanding of all this functions and
applications