[asterisk-users] Directory too difficult?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jan 11 10:45:18 MST 2007

>Yes let's use a very limited vocabulary engine to make it simple:

A good thought, but I'd be raked over the coals the first time a suit with a
super thick accent (we have a few) would drive the recognition engine crazy.
Here in Alberta, we talk about things that piss us off. One of the things a
lot of people have been talking of lately, and it has even been made fun of
in the local media, is the change of Telus' (the ILEC) customer service
system entirely to speech recognition. It actually works really, really well
I've never been able to screw it up and I can navigate wireless, landline,
and internet service quickly just by dialing a single number. But ho, you
should hear people grouse about it. Just by listening, you'd think it was a
Liberal plot or something.