[asterisk-users] Question Regarding Visual Park Functionality - Hardware/Software

Scott Walde scott at waldetech.ca
Thu Jan 11 21:55:00 MST 2007

Christopher Aloi wrote:

> I would like to use a visual park function if possible, here's how I
> see it working....

What you want is called BLF with Metermaid.  There was a question about
it on this list less than a week ago, but with no response.

Metermaid was a patch for the 1.2.x series, but apparently it has been
included into 1.4.0.  Sadly, I couldn't get 1.4.0 to work for my
purposes, and haven't got Metermaid working reliably on the latest 1.2.
Of course, your phone has to support the feature, as well.  (BLF)

This page:

http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/480i+Busy+lamp+field+%27BLF%27+support

Claims to explain how to set it up for my Aastra 480i.  The problem I'm
running into is the '701' extension is created dynamically when a call
is parked, so the phone is unable to "subscribe" to that extension.  I
can get it to work momentarily by parking a call just before rebooting
the phone, but it eventually loses the subscription after the parked
call is released.  The problems I'm having might be due to me running a
much newer version than the patch was made for.

Hopefully this helps you get going in the right direction.

ttyl
srw