[asterisk-users] Question Regarding Visual Park Functionality - Hardware/Software

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:28:43 MST 2007

Hello List!

I am hoping someone may be able to assist with the following feature I am
looking to implement:

I would like to use a visual park function if possible, here's how I see it
working....

-> Call comes into caller A

-> Caller A places the call in orbit (or park) by dialing 700

-> A message is then sent to illuminate a line on each of the phones in this
office indicating a call is parked

-> Anyone can retrieve this call by pressing the illuminated line key on
their phone

I assume this must be accomplished with specific phones, I know I can do the
park/retrieve - but not sure how to handle the visual indication of a park.

My first thought was to send a ringing to each SIP phone, this won't work
because they only want a light to illuminate, no audio.

Maybe a phone that supports a "quiet" mode? I could then send ringing, and a
custom ring in the ALER_INFO SIP parameter??

Anyone have any suggestions on the best phone to accomplish this goal?

Anyone have any advice on getting this to work?

Anyone do this now?

Thanks!!

-Chris Aloi