[asterisk-users] Voicemail IMAP

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 14:09:05 MST 2007

I know some of this doesn't belong on this list, but I am just
including it for problem history.

I am trying to setup IMAP Voicemail with our email server.

We are using a non-standards based groupware server called FirstClass.
 The server has some built in support for IMAP.

My problem seems to be that the authuser flag is not supported.

When I use mtest in the imap toolkit to connect to the FirstClass
server, and input this as the Mailbox to connect to:

{ares.school.da.org:143/imap/authuser=admin//user=fbeck}Inbox

mtest replies:

[Trying IP address [10.11.5.253]]
[FirstClass IMAP4rev1 server v8.262 at mail.ares.school.da.org ready]
?Can't do /authuser with this server

When I try to connect to the mailbox:
{ares.school.da.org:143/imap/user="fbeck"}Inbox

I am prompted with a password which is accepted.

mtest response is:
IMAP4rev1 (RFC 3501) server ares.school.da.org
Mutually-supported SASL mechanisms: CRAM-MD5
Supported standard extensions:
 Access Control lists (RFC 2086)
 Multiple namespaces (RFC 2342)
 Extended UID behavior (RFC 2359)
 Implementation identity negotiation (RFC 2971)
 LIST children announcement (RFC 3348)
Supported draft extensions:

Notice I also had to eliminate the flags and authuser sections of the URL.

So my question is.....

Has anyone found a way to include the IMAP username and password in
the users mailbox string?  something like 1201 =>
1201,Joe,email,,imapuser=joe|imappassword=somethingsecret ?

I know all my users email passwords, as they have to change it through us...

Thanks all.