[asterisk-users] Getting two Asterisk machines to talk to each other

Glen davros at rgtravel.com
Thu Jan 11 14:04:43 MST 2007

I want to do something that seems like it should be very simple.  Then
again so am I ;)

Anyway, I have two asterisk boxes on separate subnets.  What I want is
for a certain extension 3053 when dialed on the main machine to ring
through to a SIP phone that is registered on the other Asterisk
machine.  I'm sure the information is out there I just can't seem to
concoct the proper search string to find it.

This is what I've tried:

I have created a peer entry for each machine in the other's sip.conf
I have changed the extension so that when it is dialed on the main
machine it does the following
    Dial(SIP/test-machine/3053)    I feel this is most likely my problem.
The other machine has the same generic setup as the first (copied config
files) with the exception of 3053 ringing the phone and the peer
definition in sip.conf of course.

When I tried calling the extension via the main machine it simply rang
to voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Glen