[asterisk-users] Parked calls and the # key

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Jan 11 13:28:37 MST 2007

I am perplexed by this so I how someone can help me out.

On one of my servers the users began complaining that if they picked up a
parked call they could not use the # key to transfer the call. This is a
particualarly annoying issue since everyone has been taught to use #700 to
park calls. At first I thought it was a DTMF issue with the polycom phones,
since rebooting seemed to fix the problem. On further examination though,
the # to transfer works on any call unless it has been retreievd from the
parking lot. Then I began doubting that it had ever been possible, until I
confirmed it worked on a system I built a few months back and someone in the
IRC confirmed it was working on their systems. As it stands now I have taken
configs from working and non working systems and compared them and have not
found anything.

I can reproduce this by calling someone, via sip phone or on a zap channel
have the call parked by dialing "#700"
pickup the call, by dialing 701 or so.
At this point the only transfer option I have is the transfer key on the
phone, which works, but not as quick for the users.

I'm using the standard parking, I simply included parkedcalls into a
features context and all phones have access to it.

> show features
Builtin Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       #
Attended Transfer
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call           *       *
pbx1*CLI>
Dynamic Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
(none)

Call parking
Parking extension   :   700
Parking context     :   parkedcalls
Parked call extensions: 701-720

This is an svn checkout of 1.2 r49922

Can someone tell me what might cause this?

--
Bruce
Nortex Networks