[asterisk-users] "real life" example of SLA definition

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 11 08:12:07 MST 2007

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 wrote:
>    Suppose I have two multi lines phones. The first phone has extension 1
> assigned to it, and the second phone has extension 2 assigned to it. Now, I
> want extension 3 to be available on both phones as additional shared extension.
> What shall I define on the phone? (define extension 3 on both doesn't work as
> only one can register with it). What should sla.conf file have? Do I have to
> change extensions.conf? (To make it simple let's assume that it contains only
> Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}) as the dialplan).

This is not SLA; SLA is shared lines, not shared extensions.

You say you can't put 'extension 3' on both phones because only one can
register to it, but that is incorrect. Extensions and SIP devices are
not the the same thing; extensions exist in the dialplan, and SIP
devices are in the SIP channel driver.

Create two SIP friends for the two phones to use for their 'extension 3'
line appearance (call them 'phone1-ext3' and 'phone2-ext3' or
something), get them both to register, and then dial both devices from
the dialplan when extension 3 is called.