[asterisk-users] "real life" example of SLA definition

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Jan 11 06:52:00 MST 2007

Hello,

  I am looking for a "real life" example of using SLA lines under Asterisk.
I'll describe my environment and would like to know how I define it in
Asterisk (version 1.4 final).

   Suppose I have two multi lines phones. The first phone has extension 1
assigned to it, and the second phone has extension 2 assigned to it. Now, I
want extension 3 to be available on both phones as additional shared extension.
What shall I define on the phone? (define extension 3 on both doesn't work as
only one can register with it). What should sla.conf file have? Do I have to
change extensions.conf? (To make it simple let's assume that it contains only
Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}) as the dialplan).

                                      Thanks! __Yehavi: