[asterisk-users] Directory too difficult?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Jan 10 18:26:06 MST 2007

Leo Ann Boon wrote:

> Colin,
>
> Thanks mate for the first laugh of the day.
>
> Colin Anderson wrote:
>
>> I got a requirement list just now, with my comments inline: (showing
>> it just for a giggle)
>>
>> User requirement: 1) Directory set up by name - If person calling
>> does not know employee's name, how will they access?
>>
>>     -Why, using app_telepathy.so of course!
>
> Is app_telepathy GPL'd (General Psychic License) or do we need a bunch
> of mind reading license lawyers. ^_^
>

>> User requirement: 3) Not all mobile phones have the albphabet on
>> their dialpads, how do they access our directory?
>>
>>     -Shout really loud. Telus should have a class action against it
>> for selling Razrs with no DTMF.
>
> Wow, didn't know there are pulse dialed mobile phone. ^_^
>
> What about speech recognition option for directory? Not necessary a
> full speech to text engine, just enough to recognize the names would do.

Yes let's use a very limited vocabulary engine to make it simple:

Ask - Does the first name begin with the letter A? Please answer yes or no.

If yes ask - Does the first name begin with the letters A B? Please
answer yes or no.

If no ask - Does the first name begin with the letter B? Please answer
yes or no.

And so on until you get a match or they just go away.