[asterisk-users] Directory too difficult?

Leo Ann Boon leo at datvoiz.com
Wed Jan 10 16:34:50 MST 2007

Colin,

Thanks mate for the first laugh of the day.

Colin Anderson wrote:
> I got a requirement list just now, with my comments inline: (showing
> it just for a giggle)
>
> User requirement: 1) Directory set up by name - If person calling does
> not know employee's name, how will they access?
>
>     -Why, using app_telepathy.so of course!
Is app_telepathy GPL'd (General Psychic License) or do we need a bunch
of mind reading license lawyers. ^_^

> User requirement: 3) Not all mobile phones have the albphabet on their
> dialpads, how do they access our directory?
>
>     -Shout really loud. Telus should have a class action against it
> for selling Razrs with no DTMF.
Wow, didn't know there are pulse dialed mobile phone. ^_^

What about speech recognition option for directory? Not necessary a full
speech to text engine, just enough to recognize the names would do.

Leo