[asterisk-users] Re: Is there a low cost cell phone base station for asterisk ?

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Jan 10 17:16:36 MST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 10.01.2007, 18:44 -0500 schrieb cb:
> On Jan 10, 2007, at 6:33 PM, M.Hockings wrote:

> But as far as I can tell, there is nothing requiring you to use the
> service, if you choose not to, they work just like a normal cordless
> phone.

There was a similar business model here in Germany: Cordless Phones for
near-to-nothing. The catch was they had a fixed prefix code.

As explanation: You can choose one of about 100 or so network operators
to put your call through by pre-pending 010xx or 0100xx to the regular
phone number.

The phone in question just prepended 010whatever to ALL phone numbers
dialled, which makes it pretty crappy to use with a line that does not
allow for network selection codes, or on lines that need a "0" for a
POTS line.

Besides, you were fixed to their per-minute prices, instead of being
able to choose other providers with up to 70% lower prices.

I was not too sad when the base station power adaptor deceaded... :)

Regards
Anselm