[asterisk-users] Zap calls

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Wed Jan 10 11:28:57 MST 2007

I have 8 Zap channels, 25-32, all of which have their own line.

My zapata.conf file looks similar to:

	group=1
	context=context_1
	signalling=fxs_ks
	channel => 25

	group=2
	context=context_2
	signalling=fxs_ks
	channel => 26

and so forth for all 8 lines, where each channel has its own group and
incoming context.

The first 4 channels are our primary trunk lines.  If we have to make an
  outgoing call on a trunk line, how can I have it pick the first
available line of the 4?

My first thought would be to have another group that includes the first
4 channels, and then use that group in the Dial() command like so:

	group=9
	context=whatever
	signally=fxs_ks
	channel => 25-28

and
	Dial(Zap/g9/${EXTEN},60)

Can I repeat channels like that or will it cause Asterisk to choke?  If
I can't do it that way, can someone suggest a way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Jay