[asterisk-users] Zap 1.4 error line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

Chris Bullock cbullock at columbiacomputers.com
Tue Jan 9 16:50:52 MST 2007

I've looked over EVERY resource I can find, but have run short of a
solution.  I'm running CentOS 4.4.  Just installed Asterisk 1.4 and Zaptel
1.4 and libpri, but when I run ztcfg I get this error: line 0: Unable to
open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

I realize this is a udev error (or from what I've read), but I cannot find
out how to resolve this. I've reinstalled zaptel several times. I read a lot
about having to read the README.udev file in the zaptel source, but I don't
even have that file on my system.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear from them.

-Chris