[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Jan 8 22:17:23 MST 2007

Al Bochter wrote:
> Matthew
>
> I agree. I only know what I have told by others so I do need this input
>
> I have been told that Digum G729 is a big pain the the butt to get
> working with Asterisk
> and it is very hard on the CPU
>
> Keep in mind I have never used any Ver. of G 729
>
> So tell me what you think.

I know you didn't ask me, but I think you should talk less and listen more.

You have now had two sessions of knocking over the china on this list in
the past week or so, and neither time have you come out of it looking
very good to other members of the community.

As long as patent laws apply in the US--and there is still no looming
relief for the idiotic state that things are in--if you use G729 in the
US in anything other than extremely restricted uses, you must pay the
appropriate license fees.

Pretty much period.

The topic of "free" G729 is very shopworn on this list, and if you had
spent some time reading past posts before starting in, it would have
been a lot better for all of us.

B.

believed to be clean.