[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Bill Hackensack billhackensack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:58:03 MST 2007

On 1/8/07, Al Bochter <Al.Bochter at bochterservices.com> wrote:

> I agree. I only know what I have told by others so I do need this input
>
> I have been told that Digum G729 is a big pain the the butt to get
> working with Asterisk
> and it is very hard on the CPU
>
> Keep in mind I have never used any Ver. of G 729

"I only know what I have been told..."
"I have been told..."
"I have never used..."

All common phrases with this person.  I have never seen somebody spread as
much third party information as this person spreads.  He knows nothing, yet
informs all.  It's real simple to give it a shot and see what happens.  If
you can't afford $10 for testing, maybe you are in the wrong business.  You
claim to have clients using Asterisk.  I'd hate to be one of your clients.
I would hope that my consultant has at least tried the things he/she is
suggesting to me.

FWIW, I have used Digium's g729 and it works great, and is about as simple
to install as you can get.