[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Mon Jan 8 14:54:26 MST 2007

> G.729 is G.729 (assuming same suffixes like B, C, etc.). Audio quality
> is exactly the same, or the implementations aren't compatible.

Yes, but depending on the implementation the CPU resources between
two could be quite different.  Audio quality could be adversely
affected by inadequate CPU resources with a bad implementation.

So, in other words,  which asterisk g.729 is better on CPU
utilization Digium or Ready Tech/Intel IPP?  Digium certainly knows
Asterisk but  I'm sure Intel knows their CPUs pretty well too

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
President