[asterisk-users] Re: [Announce] Web-MeetMe 3.0.0 released

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Jan 8 11:30:41 MST 2007

Buki wrote:
> Sorry I forgot to change the subject line in my last posting!

> I have been using the Web Meet-Me 2.1.0 on Asterisk 1.2.12.1
> for many months now and I am a big fan and I have been very
> happy with it.
I'm glad it's working well for you, positive feedback is always
welcome.

> I want to try the v3.0.0 but I would like to know if there are
> specific steps I need to carry out to upgrade to the v3.0.0 on
> my current Asterisk 1.2.X?
There are a couple answers here.  First is that version 3.0.0
is NOT compatible with Asterisk 1.2.X, so there is no way
to test or use it in your installation.  There is a plan to
release version 2.2.0 soon that has the features and bug fixes
from version 3.0.0 that do not have a dependancy on Asterisk's
version.

The second answer is about the upgrade it self.  Since the package
is mostly php pages, there is not an 'upgrade'.  Just rename the
directory where Web-MeetMe is installed and extract the latest package.
With the 3.0.0 and 2.2.0 releases we have further seperated the
configuration settings from the actual code, so future upgrades
should be able to re-use the ./lib/defines.php.  With the 3.0.0 and
2.2.0 release it will be easiest to just edit the new defines.php
to match your settings.  Lastly you may need to add a couple columns
to your database to take advantage of the improved recurring conference
support.  Refer to the sample tables in the ./cbmysql directory for
details.

Dan

current document root and extract the package to