[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 7

Naija Man voip4naija at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 18:32:16 MST 2007

On 1/3/07, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com <
asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com> wrote:

> We've been holding back on this release to coincide with
> the Asterisk 1.4.0 release.
>
> This is mostly a compatibility release, but there are a
> few new features:
>        *  No longer requires register_globals in PHP
>        *  Separated code from configuration settings in
>                ./lib/defines.php  (hopefully this will make
>                future upgrades easier)
>        *  Migrated all database interfaces to PEAR::DB
>                which simplifies the code a bit and opens
>                up the possibility of using other databases
>                to host the scheduling DB (app_cbmysql is
>                still only MySQL, but ODBC is planned/hoped for)
>        *  The conference monitoring code now uses the
>                concise output from "meetme list", improving
>                the parsing of participant details.
>        *  Minor tweaks to improve the cbEnd.php script that
>                enforces the conference duration, plays announcements
>                and populates the conferencing CDRs.
>        *  Conference CDR records now store participant duration
>                in seconds instead of a formatted string, allowing
>                for further analysis (the web interface still
>                formats the duration for display purposes)
>        *  App_cbmysql is updated to work with Asterisk 1.4.0
>        *  App_cbmysql has it's own build environment now, no
>                longer requiring a Makefile patch, etc...
>
> The new release can be found at:
>        http://sourceforge.net/projects/web-meetme/
>
> We do have a volunteer developer who will be maintaining the
> 2.X.X chain for Asterisk 1.2.X compatibility, so bug fixes and
> features that are not Asterisk version dependant will still be
> made available for older installations.
>
> Thanks,
> The Web-MeetMe development team...
>

> HI Dan.

I have been using the Web Meet-Me 2.1.0 on Asterisk 1.2.12.1 for many months
now and I am a big fan and I have been very happy with it. I want to try the
v3.0.0 but I would like to know if there are specific steps I need to carry
out to upgrade to the v3.0.0 on my current Asterisk 1.2.X?

Warm Regards,
Buki
(Naija Man)