[asterisk-users] no unicall on 1.4

Anton Krall akrall at intruder.com.mx
Sat Jan 6 12:37:30 MST 2007

I agree with your last argument, exactly how it should be, Digium's free
asterisk version has no warranties, as it should be, if you want support,
you have to buy ... that's the way it works and should work. My complain is
regarding the issue that all related asterisk projects like unicall were too
spread around and usually no updated info is available, you can find bits
and pieces of info around about new releases (like in voip-info) but like
what happened with unicall and 1.4, nobody knew Steve was droping support
for it ... hell, even somebody just saw the news and asked about it...
that's what sometimes worries me, the owner of the project has the social
responsibility of updating the news and keeping the community in touch with
whats new, etc. for example SugarCRM, you can find everything on their page,
news, etc. in the case of Digium and Asterisk, information is scattered
around and sometimes its hard to find news about certain stuff, like unicall
and this case.

Anyway, we are drifting from the initial point which was to hope and support
further development of R2MFC on the asterisk community so I propose a bounty
to get Steve (sheesh, that's sounded like a hit bounty :)) I meant, a bounty
to convince Steve to help the community that still uses R2.... what do you
say?