[asterisk-users] no unicall on 1.4

Anton Krall akrall at intruder.com.mx
Thu Jan 4 20:39:20 MST 2007

This is exactly one of the things that Steve and I discussed a bit ago...
when did asterisk turn from an open source project with very good developers
into a business that only focuses in $$$?

That’s why openpbx was born I guess....

For example, samba is still free, and people are making a profit from it by
giving out consulting services for deploying samba.. that is a good working
scenario.... asterisk used to be the same.... can you spell greedy :)?

In any case, I (and maybe some other folks) would definitely pay some $$ to
Steve is he would consider supporting unicall for 1.4... I've always
believed that if you make money with something, why not give some to the
good programmers that made it happen...

Just my $0.02