[asterisk-users] Maybe a NAT problem

Facundo Barrera - GMail facubarrera at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 05:02:47 MST 2007

Hi list:
         This is my first post and first off all i want to wish a good
year for everone! well my problem is; i already installed asterisk on
a server and created a channel and a couple of extensions, all seems
to work just fine, y can make calls and receive them, i'm using the
x-lite client that also works very good, this is the topology of the
net

(LAN - some clients) --------|| Internal interface-private IP(server
Running Asterisk)external interface-public IP ||---------INTERNET

Well i configure * to bind all address, so it's service listen on the
two interfaces, when i make a call from a client inside my LAN to a
client on the INTERNET, the person receives the call and listen me
perfectly, but i can't listen any audio from him, i read about the
issue and it seems to be a problem of nating, keep in mind that this
server is masquerading all my LAN ips, so i can share my internet
conenction, so when i receive a call form the outside world in fact
x-lite shows me that the call originate from my inside interface IP of
the server, but this is the strange thing the packets that originate
the call from the outside world arrive just fine but when i answer the
call i can't hear any audio at all.

Any ideas how to solute this? hope not receive too much flames of this
common issue

Thanks a lot

--
   Facundo Agustin Barrera