[BULK] [asterisk-users] Fonebridge2

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Wed Jan 3 09:29:51 MST 2007

We tried them out early last year when we were looking at a large deployment and they gave us a lot of the redundancy that we wanted. However we did run into issues where calls seemed to get caught up in the system. It was as far as we could tell rather random. No consistency to it at all. Asterisk hung up the call but the telco side of the line didn't actually hang up. The channel was left open. Something was not being passed through the Fonebrige on to the telco to have the telco hang up the line. Sorry I'm not a guru on how phone systems work but the telco never received the proper hang up response from Asterisk. This caused channels to fill up fast. I confirmed this talking with our local company. They showed all 24 lines of our T1 in use yet Asterisk showed only 2 active calls.
	I talked with the gentlemen from Fonebridge and he was definitely helpful and more then willing to work with us to sort out the problem but sadly we just didn't have the time to wait to figure it out and went back to Digium cards. As soon as we put in the Digium cards the problem went away. You might want to check with them to see if they figured that one out.