[asterisk-users] Help Needed: Can't make "local" calls on a brand new PRI

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Wed Feb 28 17:51:18 MST 2007

Mark Engelhardt wrote:
> I just installed a PRI and when I make a local (seven digit) call, I
> get Code 28 back from the telco, (I believe code 28 means "Invalid
> Number") and I hear a fast busy on the phone.
>
> Here is the output:
>     -- Executing Dial("SIP/marke-17b1", "ZAP/G1/4967171") in new stack
>     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
>     -- Called G1/4967171
>     -- Zap/23-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/marke-17b1
>     -- PROGRESS with cause code 28 received
>     -- Zap/23-1 is making progress passing it to SIP/marke-17b1
>
> As you can see, asterisk is reporting 4967171 as the dialed number
> (which is valid)
Cause code 28 means "Invalid Number Format", and, if you're sure the
number is correct, is often a case of you sending the wrong Type Of
Number (TON) when setting up the call.

Take a look at your pridialplan setting in zapata.conf - try "unknown"
first, then other options until you find what works.

A very very handy list I keep close to hand:

http://www.quintum.com/support/xplatform/network/Q931_Disconnect_Cause_Code_List.pdf

Cheers,
    Nic.

--