[asterisk-users] Help Needed: Can't make "local" calls on a brand new PRI.

Mark Engelhardt marke at intuitiveengineering.com
Wed Feb 28 16:15:33 MST 2007

Hello,

I just installed a PRI and when I make a local (seven digit) call, I
get Code 28 back from the telco, (I believe code 28 means "Invalid
Number") and I hear a fast busy on the phone.

Here is the output:
     -- Executing Dial("SIP/marke-17b1", "ZAP/G1/4967171") in new stack
     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
     -- Called G1/4967171
     -- Zap/23-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/marke-17b1
     -- PROGRESS with cause code 28 received
     -- Zap/23-1 is making progress passing it to SIP/marke-17b1

As you can see, asterisk is reporting 4967171 as the dialed number
(which is valid)

When I dial long distance, everything works fine.

Here is the output from long distance...

     -- Executing Set("SIP/marke-80f8", "CALLERID(all)=Small Dog
Electronics<8005116277>") in new stack
     -- Executing Dial("SIP/marke-80f8", "ZAP/G1/17077510895") in new
stack
     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
     -- Called G1/17077510895
     -- Zap/23-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/marke-80f8
     -- Zap/23-1 is ringing

If I just send the full 18024967171 to the telco, I get a voice from
the telco saying it is not necessary to dial 1 or the area code when
calling this number.

So the questions:  Is there anyway to further verify that asterisk is
not sending any extra digits or filler digits to the telco on the PRI?
If the problem is not in asterisk or zaptel, what do I say to the
Telco to get them to believe the problem is on their end?

We are running:
Asterisk 1.2.6
Zaptel 1.2.14
TE110P Card