[asterisk-users] Newbie Planning Help

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Feb 28 14:26:44 MST 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 3:45 pm, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I am trying to setup an arrangement whereby clients on machines A, B, C
> and D can talk to each other on Softphones. A,B,C are are all Windows
> XP machines, machines D and S are linux.  This has to include A talking
> to B and ultimately conference calls with potentially all parties.

Personally I make my Asterisk box the firewall.  It eliminates all NAT
troubles.  :-)

If that's not your style, I'd use IAX over SIP, as it only requires a
port-forward to D on D's NAT box.  SIP you may be able to get work with port
forwarding 5060 and 10000-20000 (all udp) over to D, but I'm not sure...
Naturally, nat=yes and canreinvite=no should be set all around.

-A.