[asterisk-users] seeing DTMF passed to Voicemail

cb cb at mythtech.net
Wed Feb 28 09:53:58 MST 2007

I'm having a strange issue. My voicemail is working fine, however,
any time I try to access it via one of my analog phones that are
connecting to Asterisk via a Mediatrix 1124... the voicemail system
complains I've entered the wrong password.

There is about a 15 second pause between when I finish dialing in the
password, and it complains it is wrong.

This ONLY happens with phones connected via the Mediatrix. My IP
phones, and soft phones all work fine and have no problems accessing
voicemail. And I know the VM accounts related to the Mediatrix based
phones are ok, as I can access them via an IP phone dialing into
general VM access (and then specifying the box and password from there).

I'm guessing that the Mediatrix is failing to send the DTMF tones
correctly, or possibly send them at all. I have it set to use
RFC-2833, same as my IP phones.

Is there somewhere or someway to see in Asterisk either via a debug
command, or in some log somewhere, what the VoiceMail system thinks
is being entered? Or, has anyone else run into something similar and
knows why it keeps rejecting passwords sent via the Mediatrix?

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>