[asterisk-users] call-limit in 1.2 HEAD

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:37:55 MST 2007

Hi,

Could someone double-check a behaviour I am seeing in 1.2 SVN HEAD

In sip.conf, create a type=friend entry with call-limit=1

1) Place an outbound call from the device
2) Place a call in to the device

"sip show inuse" is now something like:
    * User name               In use          Limit
    x-lite                    1               1
    * Peer name               In use          Limit
    x-lite                    1               1

If you then hangup (from the device) first the outbound call, and then
the inbound call, I get a lost refcount:
    * User name               In use          Limit
    x-lite                    0               1
    * Peer name               In use          Limit
    x-lite                    1               1
though there are no calls in progress anymore. From the debug output,
it seems that the hang-up which should decrement the peer->inUse count
tries to decrement the user->inUse count instead.

Strangely, if I hangup the calls in reverse order, inbound and then
outbound, everything is happy, and if the remote party (not the
call-limited device) hangs up, then it also seems to be happy. This is
all quite reproducible!

I notice that in 1.2.15 the behaviour is different in that all of the
inUse counting is done against the user->inUse counter anyway.

Thanks,
Steve